Space to work through your emotions in a safe place so you can accept your child’s new gender identity and adjust to a new family configuration.
Guidance to navigate your next steps.
A framework of expectations, understanding that everyone’s experiences are different.
Get the Support You Need
If you have a transgender child, you may feel overwhelmed with all there is to know and learn. It’s important to support your child in a loving and affirming way while still processing your emotions, but where do you start?
The Support Yourself So You Can Support Your Child Masterclass is an actionable guide that gives you the tools to do just that while giving you hope that both you and your child will be okay.
Work At Your Own Pace
By the time you have completed the course, you will learn what it means for your child to be transgender and what it means for you to be the parent of a transgender child.
This self-paced 10-module course contains four parts: Get Your Bearings, Support Yourself, Support Your Child, and a Toolkit.
Additionally, the purchase of the course comes with access to a private Community.
What Is the Support Yourself So You Can Support Your Child Masterclass?
The Support Yourself So You Can Support Yourself Masterclass is a ten-module online course where you will learn what it means for your child to be transgender, but more importantly, what it means for you to be the parent of a transgender child.
In this course, you will navigate your next steps as you work to stand on your two feet again. You will work through your emotions in a safe place so that you can accept your child’s new gender identity and adjust to a new family configuration, and how to navigate this new phase of your life. You’ll get a framework of expectations, understanding that everyone’s experiences are different.
Learning your child is transgender can feel lonely, but you don’t have to be alone on your journey.
You will also be invited into a private Community group where you will get support from other parents of transgender children and me. You can ask questions and share your stories. Once a week, I will go live for an hour, and we can discuss course topics or anything else that may be on your mind. Participation is optional, and we will use Zoom, so you can be anonymous if you choose.
Why Take the Support Yourself So You Can Support Your Child Masterclass?
This is not a course for allies, nor is it for transgender people. Here’s how to know if this course is right for you:
- You are a parent or caregiver of a transgender child (of any age) AND are unsure what to do next. (I’ve been there too. You’re in the right place. Let’s do this together).
- You are a parent or caregiver of a transgender child who Google searched the word ‘transgender’ AND was overwhelmed by the results. (You too? We’ll cover all you need to know to get started and where you can go to learn the rest).
- You are a parent or caregiver of a transgender child who wants to support their child AND doesn’t know where to start. (We’re going to start with supporting yourself first so that you can support your child even better).
- You are the parent or caregiver of a transgender child who just came out AND thinks you need to have all the answers right away. (I will cover why this is a bad idea and what to do instead).
- You are the parent or caregiver of a transgender child, AND you feel unsupported by your friends or family. (I’m sorry. I have a mini-course about this.)
Why You Need This Course
When our children come out as transgender, it catches us off guard because we aren't expecting it. No matter how our child comes out to us, we weren't prepared to receive that news that way.
We feel overwhelmed because we don't understand what being transgender means for our child, or at all, and often, we have a very emotional reaction to receiving that information.
In addition, we don't know what to do next, what to do with our feelings, or where to go to learn how to support our children. And if all that isn't enough, we often don't know anyone else with a transgender child who we can turn to for support.
That's why I created this course. Let me tell you about it in this video.